The most common examples of internet faults are:
- Cyber attacks
- Network failures
- Security breaches
- Data mistrust and leaks
- Inequality of speed
- Quality of broadband services
So how do we go about making the internet safe and secure for all?There are many ways in which Blockchain technology aims to better the internet and its overall security measures, the main form of keeping the internet as secure as possible is to decentralise the internet. How can decentralising the internet through Blockchain technology assist with the betterment of the internet operation and security?
- Keeping the network safe and secure across all areas
- Allowing room for the internet to incorporate new technologies that can assist with the overall safety and functioning of the internet
- Incorporate various authentication processes (that will be ongoing) other than passwords that enable the same user to identify themselves through various security questions every time required to avoid potential breaches and hacking.
- Free up space to make the internet broad and less congested with bulk information to allow for the internet to become more free-flowing and monitored effectively. If the internet is working under congestion and data and information isn’t being managed properly it is more prone to security and data breaches.
- Creating a global network through Blockchain technology may help to resolve the inequalities that currently exist.
When it comes to governing the data that exists on the internet, the implementation of Blockchain technology makes the most sense as Blockchain is able to offer:
- Widening of the technical parameters of the internet is integral to increased confidence in user-data relationships.
- Using smart contracts to improve the authenticity of transactions and verification of transaction processes.
- Storing unique records of identity that are not susceptible to cyber threat or attack.
- Blockchain will eventually eradicate the need for usernames and passwords that change from site to site.
The incorruptible nature of Blockchain technology means that domains naturally become more secure. The current public-key infrastructure requires sites obtain a Certificate Authority to verify themselves.Using Blockchain as a global distribution mechanism for public keys and digital certificates would render them completely secure. Protection from cyber threats is integral in our digital landscape. As Blockchain technology continues to emerge as a viable alternative to current internet frameworks, there still remains the question of how to protect yourself from current threats. Our recommendation: Consult IT specialists like Teksupport that specialise in safeguarding your data against cyberattacks like Ransomware.
To learn more about how Blockchain technology is revolutionising the overall safety and security of the internet through its various mechanisms, contact Australia’s leading Blockchain experts via phone on: 1300 462 562Blockchain Australia is leading the way in Blockchain education and implementation.